Webopedia's online computer dictionary offers definitions to tens of thousands of IT words and phrases to help you navigate the complex world of information technology.
To get started, simply choose an IT topic from the following list and browse all Webopedia definitions and phrases related to the specific tech topic you want to learn more about. Or, if you know what you're looking for, simply enter the term in the search box at the top of the page; chances are we've got it covered.
- Application Service Providers (ASPs)
- Business Computing
- Business Tools
- Communications Software
- Computer Law
- Data Transfer Rates
- Digital Rights Management (DRM)
- Artificial Intelligence
- Client/Server Computing
- Distributed Computing
- Electronic Technology
- Green IT
- Connectors, Plugs and Sockets
- Data Storage
- Hardware Companies
- Integrated Circuits (ICs)
- Input Devices
- Application Programming Interfaces (APIs)
- Compiling, Binding and Linking
- Object Oriented Programming
- Operators and Operations
Stay up to date on the latest developments in Internet terminology with a free weekly newsletter from Webopedia. Join to subscribe now.
- Watch Datamation's editor James Maguire moderate roundtable discussions with tech experts from companies such as Accenture, Dell, Blue Jeans Network, Microsoft and more »
Because nothing says "I Love You" Like an open source app. Read More »Guarding your Data against Cyber Attacks
In this new era of heightened stakes comes an increased need for a comprehensive security strategy. Let's take a look at how cyber-threats have... Read More »The Great Data Storage Debate: Is Tape Dead?
Tape clearly is on the decline. But remember, legacy systems can hang for a shockingly long time. Read More »