Adobe Inc. is a technology company that creates software applications with a creative design edge. It aims to “change the world through digital experiences” and bridges the gap between art and technology. Adobe realizes that digital experience is both commonplace and vital for today’s workforce and education. It offers platforms for students, teachers, designers, marketers, creators, videographers, and more.
Adobe was founded in 1982 in California. Its first product was PostScript, a page description language for creating print-friendly documents (as well as a programming language). Adobe’s creators also helped design fonts. Adobe began developing its famous Illustrator application in 1985.
Adobe Flash was a platform for media content that has since been discontinued by Adobe. Its related product Flash Player is a software for viewing videos and other multimedia content on computers. Flash Player is one of Adobe’s most famous computer products, allowing users to view Flash-created media content (such as videos and graphics) on their browser. At the end of 2020, Adobe decided to discontinue Flash Player as well.
Adobe Creative Cloud
Perhaps one of Adobe’s best known offerings is its suite of creative design software. The Creative Cloud is available for individuals, but Adobe also offers it at discounted rates to students, educators, classrooms, and entire schools. Some of the Creative Cloud software options are listed below:
- Adobe Animate is a software for computer animation, graphic design, video game design, and more.
- Illustrator, mentioned above, is a graphic design platform for digital and print documents.
- Photoshop is an image editing platform that allows users to retouch images, change image features, and add drawings to images.
- Lightroom is a platform for editing multiple photos, creating albums, and sharing them with others in the cloud.
- Stock provides a collection of stock photos for designers to place in creative content.
- Premiere Pro is a software for producing and editing film content.
- InDesign is a document design platform for setting book pages, magazine spreads, and any other intersection of text and graphics.
Adobe’s Commerce Cloud offers B2B and B2C software that integrates with other Adobe platforms and connects to many connected applications and devices, including within Internet of Things. It’s native to the cloud and integrates with other business software (such as CRM).
Adobe Campaign provides a visualization of the customer journey so that businesses can use that data to create a stronger, more compelling campaign.
Adobe Sign is the company’s e-signature platform. Businesses can implement Adobe Sign for important documents that need to be secure and must be signed by multiple users.