- Equity order submissions, cancellations and replacements
- Equity execution reporting
- Equity order statusing
- Equity trade allocation
- Indication of interest communication
- Completed trade advertisements
- Directed e-mail and news messaging
FIX is similar to OFX in that the two protocols are used to communicate financial information. However, OFX is focused more on retail transactions and is a query-response protocol much like HTTP while FIX is focused on institutional business and is a connected session-based protocol.