Targeted email marketing is a modern marketing technique that maximizes digital technology in identifying a specific audience for a personalized email campaign. It narrows the audience down through segmentation, understands the email s recipients, and frames the message in their context. This establishes and converts relationships into sales and customer loyalty.
According to a recent study, about 3.9 billion email users globally send and receive over 281 billion emails every day. But a random email from an unknown sender has the shortest shelf life as it goes straight into the spam folder and impersonal emails from marketers get deleted in an instant.
Rather than just sending mass emails about products and services, targeted email marketing communicates directly to a selected group of people in a contact list. Well-crafted personalized content that addresses customer needs entices readers to open, click, and respond positively. Email marketing software and services can help marketers craft clear, targeted copy in their emails.
Advantages of targeted email marketing
Targeted email marketing proves to be beneficial to the business because it:
- promotes products and services, increases customers’ awareness of the brand, and enhances customer retention
- sends a relevant message addressing the customer s needs
- drives more revenue as customers are more likely to open, read, and respond to personalized messages
- helps create a more engaging content that solicits higher open rates and click-throughs
- enhances conversion rates and yields higher returns on investments (ROI), thus increasing potential revenue
Targeted email marketing and analytics
An email copy that connects to customers requires a 360-degree view of the audience for a better understanding of their needs. But accurate client information such as name, birthday, gender, age, profession, interests, buying habits, and online behavior can be hard to collect and analyze. Using advanced analytics and business intelligence software helps gather information, visualize data, and segment the target audience based on demographics, geographical location, psychological profiles, digital interactions, and socio-cultural background.