PeopleSoft is a SaaS platform that that large corporations use to streamline their day-to-day HCM, ERP, customer relationship management (CRM), and project management activities. Available in standalone or integrated configurations, the Oracle-owned platform gives clients a secure, cloud-based with an integrated to ensure an all-around efficient way of handling work processes and systems. While its reach extends into almost every area of a business’s operation, PeopleSoft may be best known as a workforce management solution.
Who uses PeopleSoft and what do they use it for?
Most companies using PeopleSoft are large corporations hoping to reduce complexities and ensure systems are in place for day-to-day running. These corporations use PeopleSoft application tools to manage human resource problems through human resource management systems, HRMS.
Additionally, a customer relationship management system (CRMS) is used to tackle concerns with customer relations while financial and supply chains are handled by the financial and supply chain management systems or FSCM. Finally, enterprise performance management systems or EPM handle issues with enterprise performance.
What is PeopleTools?
For implementation purposes, PeopleSoft deploys its proprietary PeopleTools technology, which provides businesses with the development tools needed to creatye Web-based applications:
- A scripting language called PeopleCode
- Design tools for defining different metadata—describing data for portals, navigations, UI, security, tables, and messages
- Standard security structure and batch-processing tools
- Easy integration with SQL databases
These various toolsets can make the PeopleSoft platform-independent. The core functionality features are subdivided into:
Workforce management features
- Managerial time reporting tools
- Leave planning automation
- Workforce scheduling tools
Monitoring management and labor regulation features
- Integrated Oracle Policy Automation for simulating, testing, and deploying new or modified Time and Labor policy rules. Additionally, companies can create labor policy regulations by leveraging the natural language capability of this integration.
- Real-time analysis and exception alerts for unplanned absences, overtime, and other essential labor data.
Talent management features
- Tracking and performance monitoring tools.
- World-class recruiting and career search tools.
Staff Service Delivery features
- Dedicated, global store of employee data.
- Integrated HR self-service tools and internal HR helpdesk for employee self-service.
Benefits of PeopleSoft
PeopleSoft streamlines operational efficiency through its comprehensive set of features, usability, and scalability. Some of the benefits are:
- Efficient workforce management by using its suite of features to ensure policies and control the workforce.
- Excellent human capital management by consistently covering policies for reinforcement and truth in reporting business metrics in line with global requirements.
- Streamline labor regulation by allowing cost regulations on the part of the business through real-time and critical labor analysis, including overtime and unplanned absence.
- Effective staff service delivery by reducing workload and increasing team collaboration using its suite of helpful tools.
- Efficient talent management by using its tools to handle the entire talent cycle encompassing planning, recruitment, and learning.
PeopleSoft was launched in 1987 by Dave Duffield and Ken Morris when they designed the first human resource application of the company. At first, PeopleSoft offered only human resources and financial applications services to their customers. However, with advancements in tech and the need for a greater reach, added applications and tools for the general business processes tailored to specific industries like manufacturing, communications, healthcare, financial services, and education. The company was acquired by Oracle in 2005.