Managed Security Service Provider (MSSP) is a technology firm that provides cybersecurity services to companies and organizations. MSSP offers a range of solutions such as firewall management, device and systems monitoring, security audits, intrusion detection, and personnel training to safeguard a company s IT infrastructure.
While information technology continues to advance, cybersecurity threats also evolve. Hackers become more sophisticated in launching cyberattacks and accessing sensitive information. It s a race between the hopeful promise of technological innovation and the dark side of cybercrime with businesses, organizations, and consumers caught in the middle.
As a company undergoes a digital transformation, it needs to invest in security to protect data and its digital assets and to ensure compliance with privacy policies and regulations. A security breach can cost a large amount of money, destroy an organization s reputation, and shatter stakeholder confidence. Thus, incidents that will compromise and potentially imperil the integrity of its assets must be avoided.
Employing an IT security system can be resource-draining, especially for small and medium-sized businesses and start-ups. On top of that, the government requires companies to comply with privacy and consumer data protection regulations. MSSPs help companies deal with cybersecurity pressures by providing affordable security services, technical expertise, continuous monitoring, and policy compliance.
Benefits of MSSPs
Although an organization can invest in its in-house security system, outsourcing the job to MSSPs offers some advantages:
- Leverage the advancements in cybersecurity technology
- Affordable access to the services of cybersecurity experts
- Enhance capability to safeguard the network and data from threats
- Save money on personnel development, equipment, software, maintenance, and other operational costs
- Focus on product innovation and expansion of services and customer base
- Improve efficiency in threat detection and vulnerability fixes
MSSP services and offers
Typical MSSPs provide on-site consultancy, which involves risk assessments, processes and policy development, security product integration, and installation of perimeter defenses. They offer the following features:
- Firewall and security systems management
- Intrusion detection and prevention system
- Web content and traffic filtering
- Device and systems monitoring
- Identity and privileged access management
- Vulnerability scanning and assessment
- Patches, upgrades, and updates administration
- Virtual private network (VPN)
- Antivirus, antimalware, and antispam
- Data loss prevention
- Threat intelligence
- Security risk evaluation and analytics
- Processes and policy development
- Security solutions implementation
- Reporting, auditing, and compliance
- Personnel training