In Web analytics, the study of the impact of a Web site on its users, basic metrics is the term used to refer to the most basic information needed to understand a site’s consumption. Basic metrics consists of the following data:
- Visits: represents the number of sessions on your Web site, the number of times someone interacted with your site.
- Bounce: is the number of those who left instantly.
- Pageviews: the number is how many pages were requested in those visits and how many in each visit, Pages / Visit.
- Average Time on Site: how long did people stay on your site.
- Percent New Visits: shows how many sessions, interactions, were from people who visited your site for the first time.