Marketo is a data-driven marketing automation platform offered as Software-as-a-Service (SaaS). With its advanced, AI-powered application tools, Marketo provides businesses with advanced tools for marketing, sales, lead management, customer engagement, and revenue attribution. It helps organizations, whether B2B or B2C, organize marketing campaigns and customer engagement activities, track sales performance and pipelines, and integrate workflows for better collaboration.
Like any other marketing automation software (HubSpot, ActiveCampaign, Salesforce) Marketo is aimed at helping its users attract and convert more prospects, help scale up marketing operations, gain mastery of account-based marketing, and grow customer relationships.
In this definition...
Marketing automation has shaped — and continues to shape the future of — the marketing industry. Adobe, a customer experience platform, must have foreseen the trend when it acquired Marketo from Vista Equity Partners in 2018, valued at $4.7 billion.
Since the acquisition, Adobe has integrated Marketo’s marketing technology with Adobe Experience Cloud. And today, Adobe’s Marketo emerges as one of the growing industry leaders, sharing a combined 15 percent of total market share , second only to HubSpot’s 29 percent.
How Does Marketo Work?
The platform automates all aspects of digital marketing, from planning to creating personalized messages to tracking sales and revenue. It simplifies complex marketing tasks, allowing users to save time and effort for other important matters. With Marketo’s stack of tools, marketers nurture sales leads, personalize messages and marketing content, track sales funnels, and more.
Who Should Use Marketo?
Marketers and organizations of any type and size find Marketo a valuable marketing automation platform. Because both outbound and inbound activity is tracked and visible in Marketo, sales reps, and brand managers are more involved in marketing campaigns, planning, decision making, and customer engagement.
Key Features and Core Capabilities
Marketo empowers users to map the customer’s journey in detail, track channels, measure content effectiveness, gain insights from reports, identify influential touchpoints, and access centralized customer data.
By integrating business intelligence and analytics, marketers can dive deeper into the consumer data for insights to improve performance, efficiency, and productivity. Marketo’s email marketing solution, for instance, leverages AI in predicting content that potentially converts audiences into customers or clients.
- Marketing data environment: A consistent, easy-to-visual picture of the complete marketing data environment lets users know clients and prospects deeper and more accurately.
- Content personalization: With the assistance of Marketo’s AI-powered and predictive analytics, users personalize the content of marketing messages.
- Cross-channel engagement: Marketo tools enable engagement with your prospects and existing clientele across a range of different channels.
- Experience automation: Automated business marketing (ABM) tools streamline both customer experience and team productivity. Marketo also automates lead-based and account-based experiences.
- Sales partnership: Marketo facilitates collaborative partnership between marketing and sales teams to ensure marketing and sales coordination, and consistent communication of brand and product messaging.
- Marketing impact analysis: Marketo delivers an overview and detailed information about campaigns, engagement performance, costs and revenues, pipeline and conversion, content KPIs, and performance against benchmarks.
- Plug and play integrations: With over 550 integrations in more than 20 categories, Marketo ensures seamless communication for better team collaboration. CRM integration synchronizes with a range of tools, including lead scoring, email marketing, web activity tracking, and search engine optimization (SEO), and more.
- Other capabilities include sales insight, advanced journey analytics, website personalization, predictive audiences, account profiling, advanced BI analytics, predictive content, and sales connection tools.