Enterprise encryption software is encryption software made for the unique needs of enterprise-sized organizations. Businesses of all sizes have started paying much more attention to encryption software in recent years, especially in the wake of massive data breaches and ransomware attacks that can cost hundreds of thousands to millions of dollars.
Unfortunately, no business is too small to be a target for cyber attacks, but the stakes are higher for larger companies since they process such vast amounts of data. Enterprise businesses can better protect themselves from these attacks by utilizing enterprise encryption software, which goes beyond standard disk encryption or file encryption for company devices.
Common features of enterprise encryption software
Features of enterprise encryption software vary by product. But in general, these are some of the most important features to look for:
- Endpoint encryption (securing all the devices connected to a network, such as laptops, mobile devices and servers)
- Key management (managing security keys)
- Centralized management (managing encryption from a single physical location)
- Authentication (granting or blocking device access to systems)
- Integration with other security tools
Best enterprise encryption software
When choosing an enterprise encryption software system for your organization, it s crucial to thoroughly research at least several options before making a decision. Here are some of the best enterprise encryption solutions on the market to help get you started.
- IBM Guardium Data Encryption
- Check Point Full Disk Encryption Software Blade
- ESET DESlock
- Dell Encryption Enterprise
- Micro Focus SecureData
- Bitdefender GravityZone
- Sophos SafeGuard