SDHCShort for Secure Digital High Capacity, SDHC is a type of flash memory card based on the SDA 2.00 specification. The SDA 2.00 specification enables SD cards to reach higher capacities from 4GB to 32GB, and growing. SDHC uses a new technology, and as such these cards are not backwards compatible with SD format devices. SDHC uses a defined 3 speed class system to help consumers with the different data transfer speed (DTS) and performance minimum requirements;
- Class 2: minimum sustained DTS of 2MB/sec
- Class 4: minimum sustained DTS of 4MB/sec
- Class 6: minimum sustained DTS of 6MB/sec
The SD Specification Version 2.0 for the SDHC memory card was established by the SD Card Association (SDA).
If hackers get their hands on your company's data, they can wreak havoc on customer relationships and cause tremendous damage to your brand and... Read More »Windows XP: Move Along, There's Nothing to See Here
After more than 12 years of holding the title of most popular operating system in the world, Windows XP is taking center stage for its final... Read More »Report: The Role of Big Data in the Marketing Industry
According to a new study from Infogroup Targeting Solutions, we can expect to see companies spend heavily on big data marketing initiatives in... Read More »
Creating desktop shortcuts to a websites is useful. When you double-click the icon from your desktop it automatically launches the browser and... Read More »Flash Data Storage Vendor Trends
Although it is almost impossible to keep up with the pace of ongoing product releases, here are three recent highlights in the flash data storage... Read More »15 Important Big Data Facts for IT Professionals
Keeping track of big data trends, research and statistics gives IT professionals a solid foundation to plan big data projects. Here are 15... Read More »
Stay up to date on the latest developments in Internet terminology with a free weekly newsletter from Webopedia. Join to subscribe now.
- Check out eWeek's new Research Center, a central and comprehensive library of whitepapers, eBooks, eseminars, webcasts, and more from top industry brands and independent tech journalists »
- Watch Datamation's editor James Maguire moderate roundtable discussions with tech experts from companies such as Accenture, Dell, Blue Jeans Network, Microsoft and more »