Cloud management means the software and technologies designed for operating and monitoring applications, data and services residing in the cloud. Cloud management tools help ensure a company's cloud computing-based resources are working optimally and properly interacting with users and other services.
Cloud Management Strategies
Cloud management strategies typically involve numerous tasks including performance monitoring (response times, latency, uptime, etc.), security and compliance auditing and management, and initiating and overseeing disaster recovery and contingency plans.
With cloud computing growing more complex and a wide variety of private, hybrid, and public cloud-based systems and infrastructure already in use, a company’s collection of cloud management tools needs to be just as flexible and scalable as its cloud computing strategy.
Top 5 Related Cloud Computing Questions
More Cloud Computing Articles from Webopedia.com
1. Cloud Computing Dictionary: 25 Cloud Terms Defined
2. Cloud Computing Explained
3. Open Source Small Business Cloud Computing Applications
4. Slideshow: Cloud Computing Security Challenges
5. Cloud Computing White Papers and Resources for Small Businesses