Webex is an enterprise-level web conferencing, communication, and collaboration tool designed by Cisco that gives room for people to host or participate in online meetings, video conferencing, webinars, cloud callings, and screen sharing. Users can participate in meetings through the mobile app, web, or Webex desktop. The application combines two platforms—Webex Meeting, and WebexTeam.
What are Webex’s key features?
- Whiteboarding: Webex incorporates virtual whiteboards used for illustrations and annotations for all users participating in a meeting. Each user can also make input on the whiteboard, which makes virtual meetings interactive.
- Language translator: Meetings can be translated to about 100 languages for people who might not understand the language used in a meeting.
- Mute capability: The host can mute all other participants during the virtual meeting.
- Background noise removal: Webex incorporates a background noise reduction feature that minimizes noise coming from your surroundings and ensures that such noises don’t interfere with virtual meetings.
- Webcam optimization: Different webcam settings options like autofocus, auto white balance, contrast, sharpness, manual anti-flicker, occupancy detection are available.
- Third-party integration: Webex integrates seamlessly with Zoom, Slack, Microsoft Teams, and many other third-party platforms.
Webex Meeting and Webex Teams
Webex Meetings is a cloud-based video conferencing platform that facilitates virtual collaboration among team members globally. It supports third-party platforms like Slack, Outlook, Microsoft Team, Office Calendar, and Office 365.
In contrast, the Webex Teams is a cloud-based application that enhances collaboration among team members through video conferencing, file sharing, instant messaging, and whiteboarding. It integrates seamlessly with third-party project management tools like Salesforce, Asana, and more.
What are the benefits of Webex?
- Efficient file sharing and transfer are enabled during virtual meetings.
- A meeting can be started with voice command
- Integrated whiteboard makes collaboration and business meetings easy and enjoyable.
- Meeting attendees connect with high-quality video and audio.
- Noise removal effect minimizes interference.
- Meetings are easy to set up, with built-in scheduling and invitation distribution.