Marketing project management (MPM) is the overall administration, planning, and execution of a marketing campaign. It involves managing different teams of talented individuals to utilize their skills and knowledge in executing the plan and meeting goals.
Managing a marketing project, whether running an advertising campaign or building a brand, is a challenging and complicated process. A single mistake or miscommunication may ruin a brand. And a late submission of output could result in losing a prospect.
In MPM, maintaining a high level of communication is crucial, especially in keeping the team coordinated. It employs tools and methods to ensure tasks are carried out efficiently for a seamless campaign flow. It also incorporates research and data to evaluate project success and validate returns on investment.
MPM software main functions
- Lay down project details, specific tasks each team must complete, and milestones to reach.
- Track the progress and development of each task, which includes writing copies, creating content, publication, and content distribution.
- Keep everyone on the same page, and every voice is heard through open communication.
- Ensure all marketing assets align with the brand and overall strategy.
- Take control of the flow and sharing of documents, images, videos, audios, and other creative content.
Using MPM software
A software platform for marketing project management enhances its processes by:
- Simplifying and automating tasks and workflows.
- Providing advanced tools for marketing campaigns.
- Helping manage tasking, scheduling, and setting of milestones and timelines.
- Managing communication, digital assets, and creative content.
A marketing project management software should address the needs of the team and provides the following features and functionalities:
- Team management and communication
- Creating and assigning tasks
- Setting schedules and calendars
- Message board to discuss project ideas
- Reporting and performance assessment
- Managing projects with clients
- Confirm team availability for resource planning
- Monitor tasks, projects, and objectives
- Manage time-tracking and timesheets
- Data, asset, and process controls
- Resource management and financial reports
- Track status and progress, milestones, and timelines
- Content management and file sharing
- Efficient collaboration