In Web analytics, the study of the impact of a Web site on its users, basic metrics is the term used to refer to the most basic information needed to understand a site's consumption. Basic metrics consists of the following data:
- Visits: represents the number of sessions on your Web site, the number of times someone interacted with your site.
- Bounce: is the number of those who left instantly.
- Pageviews: the number is how many pages were requested in those visits and how many in each visit, Pages / Visit.
- Average Time on Site: how long did people stay on your site.
- Percent New Visits: shows how many sessions, interactions, were from people who visited your site for the first time.
IT Solutions Builder TOP IT RESOURCES TO MOVE YOUR BUSINESS FORWARD
Which topic are you interested in?
What is your company size?
What is your job title?
What is your job function?
Searching our resource database to find your matches...
Stay up to date on the latest developments in Internet terminology with a free weekly newsletter from Webopedia. Join to subscribe now.
The following facts and statistics capture the changing landscape of cloud computing and how service providers and customers are keeping up with... Read More »SEO Dictionary
From keyword analysis to backlinks and Google search engine algorithm updates, our search engine optimization glossary lists 85 SEO terms you need... Read More »Texting & Chat Abbreviations
From A3 to ZZZ this guide lists 1,500 text message and online chat abbreviations to help you translate and understand today's texting lingo. Read More »
Java is a high-level programming language. This guide describes the basics of Java, providing an overview of syntax, variables, data types and... Read More »Java Basics, Part 2
This second Study Guide describes the basics of Java, providing an overview of operators, modifiers and control Structures. Read More »Network Fundamentals Study Guide
Networking fundamentals teaches the building blocks of modern network design. Learn different types of networks, concepts, architecture and... Read More »