Microsoft Office SharePoint Server
Microsoft Office SharePoint Server (MOSS), also called SharePoint for short, is new server software that is part of the 2007 Microsoft Office system. Office SharePoint Server 2007 is designed to work effectively with other programs, servers and technologies in the 2007 Office release. Businesses can use SharePoint to facilitate the following:
- Collaboration: allow teams to work together, collaborate on and publish documents, maintain task lists, implement workflows, and share information through the use of wikis and blogs.
- Portals: create a personal MySite portal to share information with others and personalize the user experience and content of an enterprise Web site based on the user's profile.
- Enterprise Search: quickly and easily find people, expertise and content in business applications.
- Enterprise Content Management: create and manage documents, records, and Web content.
- Business Process and Forms: create workflows and electronic forms to automate and streamline your business processes.
- Business Intelligence: allow information workers to easily access critical business information, analyze and view data, and publish reports to make more informed decisions.
Stay up to date on the latest developments in Internet terminology with a free weekly newsletter from Webopedia. Join to subscribe now.
Microsoft Windows is a family of operating systems for personal computers. In this article we look at the history of Microsoft operating... Read More »Slideshow: Interesting Facts About Google Search
From Goats to Penguins, a server outage and trillions of searches, our slideshow presents interesting facts about Google and the Google.com... Read More »Slideshow: 5 Apps to Make Your Commute a Breeze
We've scoured the App and Play Stores to bring you five of the most useful apps to have with you on the road, plus a bonus in-car feature. Read More »
Java is a high-level programming language. This guide describes the basics of Java, providing an overview of syntax, variables, data types and... Read More »Java Basics, Part 2
This second Study Guide describes the basics of Java, providing an overview of operators, modifiers and control Structures. Read More »The 7 Layers of the OSI Model
The Open System Interconnection (OSI) model defines a networking framework to implement protocols in seven layers. Use this handy guide to compare... Read More »