Microsoft Office SharePoint Server
Microsoft Office SharePoint Server (MOSS), also called SharePoint for short, is new server software that is part of the 2007 Microsoft Office system. Office SharePoint Server 2007 is designed to work effectively with other programs, servers and technologies in the 2007 Office release. Businesses can use SharePoint to facilitate the following:
- Collaboration: allow teams to work together, collaborate on and publish documents, maintain task lists, implement workflows, and share information through the use of wikis and blogs.
- Portals: create a personal MySite portal to share information with others and personalize the user experience and content of an enterprise Web site based on the user's profile.
- Enterprise Search: quickly and easily find people, expertise and content in business applications.
- Enterprise Content Management: create and manage documents, records, and Web content.
- Business Process and Forms: create workflows and electronic forms to automate and streamline your business processes.
- Business Intelligence: allow information workers to easily access critical business information, analyze and view data, and publish reports to make more informed decisions.
The future remains, well, cloudy. But either way: Amazon, look out. Microsoft is gaining fast. Read More »Hype Versus Action in the Developer's World
Often times technologies start as hype but with time become adopted. As a developer or technologist, it is worth reading the hype and knowing the... Read More »Microsoft Hyper-V Network Virtualization Q&A
The top 5 Hyper-V questions with answers provided by Nirmal Sharma, a MCSEx3, MCITP and Microsoft MVP in Directory Services. Read More »
This Webopedia guide will show you how to create a desktop shortcut to a website using Firefox, Chrome or Internet Explorer (IE). Read More »Flash Data Storage Vendor Trends
Although it is almost impossible to keep up with the pace of ongoing product releases, here are three recent highlights in the flash data storage... Read More »15 Important Big Data Facts for IT Professionals
Keeping track of big data trends, research and statistics gives IT professionals a solid foundation to plan big data projects. Here are 15... Read More »
Stay up to date on the latest developments in Internet terminology with a free weekly newsletter from Webopedia. Join to subscribe now.
- Watch Datamation's editor James Maguire moderate roundtable discussions with tech experts from companies such as Accenture, Dell, Blue Jeans Network, Microsoft and more »