Microsoft Office SharePoint Server
Microsoft Office SharePoint Server (MOSS), also called SharePoint for short, is new server software that is part of the 2007 Microsoft Office system. Office SharePoint Server 2007 is designed to work effectively with other programs, servers and technologies in the 2007 Office release. Businesses can use SharePoint to facilitate the following:
- Collaboration: allow teams to work together, collaborate on and publish documents, maintain task lists, implement workflows, and share information through the use of wikis and blogs.
- Portals: create a personal MySite portal to share information with others and personalize the user experience and content of an enterprise Web site based on the user's profile.
- Enterprise Search: quickly and easily find people, expertise and content in business applications.
- Enterprise Content Management: create and manage documents, records, and Web content.
- Business Process and Forms: create workflows and electronic forms to automate and streamline your business processes.
- Business Intelligence: allow information workers to easily access critical business information, analyze and view data, and publish reports to make more informed decisions.