Internet Key ExchangeThe Internet Key Exchange (IKE) protocol is a key management protocol standard that is used in conjunction with the IPSec standard. IKE enhances IPSec by providing additional features, flexibility, and ease of configuration for the IPSec standard. IPSec can however, be configured without IKE. Benefits provided by IKE include:
- Eliminates the need to manually specify all the IPSec security parameters in the crypto maps at both peers.
- Allows you to specify a lifetime for the IPSec security association.
- Allows encryption keys to change during IPSec sessions.
- Allows IPSec to provide anti-replay services.
- Permits Certification Authority (CA) support for a manageable, scalable IPSec implementation.
- Allows dynamic authentication of peers.
See also IPSec.
If hackers get their hands on your company's data, they can wreak havoc on customer relationships and cause tremendous damage to your brand and... Read More »Windows XP: Move Along, There's Nothing to See Here
After more than 12 years of holding the title of most popular operating system in the world, Windows XP is taking center stage for its final... Read More »Report: The Role of Big Data in the Marketing Industry
According to a new study from Infogroup Targeting Solutions, we can expect to see companies spend heavily on big data marketing initiatives in... Read More »
Creating desktop shortcuts to a websites is useful. When you double-click the icon from your desktop it automatically launches the browser and... Read More »Flash Data Storage Vendor Trends
Although it is almost impossible to keep up with the pace of ongoing product releases, here are three recent highlights in the flash data storage... Read More »15 Important Big Data Facts for IT Professionals
Keeping track of big data trends, research and statistics gives IT professionals a solid foundation to plan big data projects. Here are 15... Read More »
Stay up to date on the latest developments in Internet terminology with a free weekly newsletter from Webopedia. Join to subscribe now.
- Check out eWeek's new Research Center, a central and comprehensive library of whitepapers, eBooks, eseminars, webcasts, and more from top industry brands and independent tech journalists »
- Watch Datamation's editor James Maguire moderate roundtable discussions with tech experts from companies such as Accenture, Dell, Blue Jeans Network, Microsoft and more »