Facts About Enterprise Mobile Application Development
The following facts and statistics provide an introduction to enterprise mobile application development, giving students, developers and business reps knowledge of the latest trends.
Enterprise mobile application development is defined as the creation of mobile application software designed to aid a business or government in performing internal operations. Examples of internal processes that can be achieved with enterprise apps include scheduling, inventory, and communication.
Enterprise apps provide an efficient way to work for both a business and its employees. Typically, enterprise apps are optimized to deliver a fantastic user experience, while promoting BYOD (bring-your-own-device), saving the company money on purchasing degradable hardware. Enterprise mobile applications are often developed by external software development vendors who then provide enterprise apps as a service.
10 Facts to Know About Enterprise Mobile Application Development in 2019
The following facts and statistics provide a brief introduction to the topic of enterprise mobile application development, enabling students, enthusiasts, developers, and business reps to stay updated with the latest trends and information in the enterprise mobile application industry.
1. The term Internet of Things (IoT) defines the connection between computing devices and everyday objects. Large technology development companies such as Microsoft, Google, Amazon, and IBM are already implementing IoT deployments in their offices. Microsoft being the highest considered by U.S firms seeking enterprise app projects at 48 percent, followed by Mobile Operator at 38 percent, IBM at 37 percent, Google at 31 percent, and Amazon at 30 percent. [Source: Statista]
2. In 2018, a survey by the enterprise mobility exchange showed one out of three enterprises were already utilizing IoT when developing applications, with an additional 38 percent planning to do so in 2019. [Source: Annual Enterprise Mobility Survey Report]
3. Rapidly growing, the enterprise mobile application development market was estimated to generate revenues of 2.9 billion U.S. dollars in 2018; a 150 percent increase compared to 1.9 billion US dollars in 2014. [Source: Statista]
4. Google Suite is an online store with business-oriented cloud applications, focusing on business tools, productivity, education communication, and utilities. As of 2017, 3.3 million businesses were paying for Google Suite to collaborate smartly and securely in the cloud, aiding in the development of their enterprise mobile applications. [Source: TechCrunch]
5. Enterprise mobile applications are proving even more efficient outside of the work-place as developers optimize their apps for both in-home and at work use. According to a recent poll in 2018, 59 percent of employed Americans are working beyond their typical 9-to-5 hours using enterprise mobile apps. [Source: Workplace Options / Public Policy Polling]
6. Noting the constant increasing risk of cyber attacks against enterprises, it is crucial enterprise applications apply an encryption strategy during app development to prevent data theft An encryption strategy encodes information in a secure way such that only authorized parties may access it. As of 2018, only 43 percent of enterprises had an encryption strategy employed to their mobile enterprise applications. [Source: 2018 Global Encryption Trends Study; nCipher Security]
7. The time of the Apple versus Android platform war is near over, with most enterprise mobile application developers switching to cross-platform development. Cross-platform development offers a greater reach, cloud-based, cost-effective, and uniform design solution to enterprise app development, while significantly reducing the amount of code needing to be written. Around 50-80 percent of code can be reused when developing across-platforms. [Source: Liquid State]
[Source: [Top Languages for Enterprise Application Development; Cloud Foundry Foundation]
9. Enterprise applications aim to achieve specific results that are targeted for a specific audience, using machine-learning to speed up the process. As each year passes, AI becomes more commonly used in application development. Workforce trends analyzer Gartner reports that 40 percent of new enterprise applications implemented by service providers will include AI technologies by 2021. [Source: Artificial Intelligence and the Enterprise; Gartner]
10. According to Soltech, a software development company that specializes in creating and designing enterprise application software, custom enterprise software can cost between $75,000 and $750,000 on average. This quoted cost includes the design, development, and implementation of the application. [Source: Soltech]
IT Solutions Builder TOP IT RESOURCES TO MOVE YOUR BUSINESS FORWARD
Which topic are you interested in?
What is your company size?
What is your job title?
What is your job function?
Searching our resource database to find your matches...
Stay up to date on the latest developments in Internet terminology with a free newsletter from Webopedia. Join to subscribe now.
The following coding and IT boot camp facts and statistics provide an introduction to the changing trends in education and training programs. Read More »Top Cloud Computing Facts
The following facts and statistics capture the changing landscape of cloud computing and how service providers and customers are keeping up with... Read More »
Java is a high-level programming language. This guide describes the basics of Java, providing an overview of syntax, variables, data types and... Read More »Java Basics, Part 2
This second Study Guide describes the basics of Java, providing an overview of operators, modifiers and control Structures. Read More »Network Fundamentals Study Guide
Networking fundamentals teaches the building blocks of modern network design. Learn different types of networks, concepts, architecture and... Read More »