Marketing Project Management
Marketing project management (MPM) is the overall administration, planning, and execution of a marketing campaign. It involves managing different teams of talented individuals to utilize their skills and knowledge in executing the plan and meeting goals.
Managing a marketing project, whether running an advertising campaign or building a brand, is a challenging and complicated process. A single mistake or miscommunication may ruin a brand. And a late submission of output could result in losing a prospect.
In MPM, maintaining a high level of communication is crucial, especially in keeping the team coordinated. It employs tools and methods to ensure tasks are carried out efficiently for a seamless campaign flow. It also incorporates research and data to evaluate project success and validate returns on investment.
MPM software main functions
- Lay down project details, specific tasks each team must complete, and milestones to reach.
- Track the progress and development of each task, which includes writing copies, creating content, publication, and content distribution.
- Keep everyone on the same page, and every voice is heard through open communication.
- Ensure all marketing assets align with the brand and overall strategy.
- Take control of the flow and sharing of documents, images, videos, audios, and other creative content.
Using MPM software
A software platform for marketing project management enhances its processes by:
- Simplifying and automating tasks and workflows.
- Providing advanced tools for marketing campaigns.
- Helping manage tasking, scheduling, and setting of milestones and timelines.
- Managing communication, digital assets, and creative content.
A marketing project management software should address the needs of the team and provides the following features and functionalities:
- Team management and communication
- Creating and assigning tasks
- Setting schedules and calendars
- Message board to discuss project ideas
- Reporting and performance assessment
- Managing projects with clients
- Confirm team availability for resource planning
- Monitor tasks, projects, and objectives
- Manage time-tracking and timesheets
- Data, asset, and process controls
- Resource management and financial reports
- Track status and progress, milestones, and timelines
- Content management and file sharing
- Efficient collaboration
Stay up to date on the latest developments in Internet terminology with a free newsletter from Webopedia. Join to subscribe now.
From A3 to ZZZ we list 1,559 text message and online chat abbreviations to help you translate and understand today's texting lingo. Includes Top... Read More »Huge List of Computer Certifications
Have you heard about a computer certification program but can't figure out if it's right for you? Use this handy list to help you decide. Read More »
Computer architecture provides an introduction to system design basics for most computer science students. Read More »Network Fundamentals Study Guide
Networking fundamentals teaches the building blocks of modern network design. Learn different types of networks, concepts, architecture and... Read More »The Five Generations of Computers
Learn about each of the five generations of computers and major technology developments that have led to the computing devices that we use... Read More »