(1) Short for Methods for Testing and Specification.
(2) Short for Microsoft Transaction Server, a feature of the Microsoft Windows NT Server operating system that allows the development and deployment of server-centric applications built using Microsoft Component Object Model (COM) technologies.
(3) Short for Measured Telephone Service, a telecommunication service based on metered usage such as toll-based calling.
(4) Short for Multichannel Television Sound, the method of broadcasting stereo sound over ordinary analog TV channels. MTS reception capability is built into virtually all stereo TVs and HiFi VCRs.
(5) Abbreviation for Multithreaded Server, an Oracle server configuration that uses less memory. A dispatcher process enables many user processes to share a few server processes. While running in MTS mode, a user can still request a dedicated server process.
Stay up to date on the latest developments in Internet terminology with a free weekly newsletter from Webopedia. Join to subscribe now.
The following facts and statistics capture the changing landscape of cloud computing and how service providers and customers are keeping up with... Read More »Facts about Computer Science: Education and Jobs
The following computer science facts and statistics provide a quick introduction to the changing trends in education and related careers. Read More »Texting & Chat Abbreviations
From A3 to ZZZ this guide lists 1,500 text message and online chat abbreviations to help you translate and understand today's texting lingo. Read More »
Learn about each of the five generations of computers and major technology developments that have led to the computing devices that we use... Read More »Computer Architecture Study Guide
Computer architecture provides an introduction to system design basics for most computer science students. Read More »Network Fundamentals Study Guide
Networking fundamentals teaches the building blocks of modern network design. Learn different types of networks, concepts, architecture and... Read More »