Internet Key Exchange
- Eliminates the need to manually specify all the IPSec security parameters in the crypto maps at both peers.
- Allows you to specify a lifetime for the IPSec security association.
- Allows encryption keys to change during IPSec sessions.
- Allows IPSec to provide anti-replay services.
- Permits Certification Authority (CA) support for a manageable, scalable IPSec implementation.
- Allows dynamic authentication of peers.
See also IPSec.
IT Solutions Builder TOP IT RESOURCES TO MOVE YOUR BUSINESS FORWARD
Which topic are you interested in?
What is your company size?
What is your job title?
What is your job function?
Searching our resource database to find your matches...
Stay up to date on the latest developments in Internet terminology with a free newsletter from Webopedia. Join to subscribe now.
From A3 to ZZZ this guide lists 1,500 text message and online chat abbreviations to help you translate and understand today's texting lingo. Read More »List of Well-Known TCP Port Numbers
Port numbers 0 to 1024 are reserved for privileged services and designated as well-known ports. This list of port numbers are specified in... Read More »
Computer architecture provides an introduction to system design basics for most computer science students. Read More »Network Fundamentals Study Guide
Networking fundamentals teaches the building blocks of modern network design. Learn different types of networks, concepts, architecture and... Read More »The Five Generations of Computers
Learn about each of the five generations of computers and major technology developments that have led to the computing devices that we use... Read More »