FCAPSAcronym for Fault, Configuration, Accounting, Performance, and Security, FCAPS is the key concept used to define the overall functionality of an enterprise management system. The idea of FCAPS stems directly from ITU.T recommendations that describes the five different types of information handled by management systems as the following:
- Fault Management: alarm handling, trouble detection, trouble correction, test and acceptance, network recovery
- Configuration Management: system turn-up, network provisioning, auto-discovery, back up and restore, database handling
- Accounting Management: track service usage, bill for services
- Performance Management: data collection, report generation, data analysis
- Security Management: control NE access, enable NE functions, access logs
IT Solutions Builder TOP IT RESOURCES TO MOVE YOUR BUSINESS FORWARD
Which topic are you interested in?
What is your company size?
What is your job title?
What is your job function?
Searching our resource database to find your matches...
Stay up to date on the latest developments in Internet terminology with a free weekly newsletter from Webopedia. Join to subscribe now.
The following facts and statistics capture the changing landscape of cloud computing and how service providers and customers are keeping up with... Read More »Facts about Computer Science: Education and Jobs
The following computer science facts and statistics provide a quick introduction to the changing trends in education and related careers. Read More »Texting & Chat Abbreviations
From A3 to ZZZ this guide lists 1,500 text message and online chat abbreviations to help you translate and understand today's texting lingo. Read More »
Learn about each of the five generations of computers and major technology developments that have led to the computing devices that we use... Read More »Computer Architecture Study Guide
Computer architecture provides an introduction to system design basics for most computer science students. Read More »Network Fundamentals Study Guide
Networking fundamentals teaches the building blocks of modern network design. Learn different types of networks, concepts, architecture and... Read More »