Hardware companies are businesses that design, produce and sell computer hardware. This includes disk drives, screens, keyboards, mice and even storage arrays and other enterprise systems.
From screens to hard drives, our hardware companies dictionary offers a glossary of terms you should know.
- Acorn computer
- AMD - Advanced Micro Devices
- Big Blue
- Brother International Corp
- Canon Inc
- Compaq Computer Corporation
- computer support
- Dell Computer - Dell Technologies
- Dolby Laboratories
- DTS Inc.
- Fujitsu Limited
- HP - Hewlett-Packard
- IBM - International Business Machines
- JMicron Technology Corporation
- Lexmark International Inc.
- Micron Technology
- Monster Cable Products Inc.
- NEC Technologies
- OEM - original equipment manufacturer
- OS X Yosemite
- Palm, Inc.
- rapid BIOS boot
- RMA - returned materials authorization
- Seagate Technology Company
- SGI - Silicon Graphics Incorporated
- Silicon Integrated Systems Corp. (SiS)
- Sun Microsystems
- Texas Instruments
- Toshiba America Information Systems
Stay up to date on the latest developments in Internet terminology with a free newsletter from Webopedia. Join to subscribe now.
From A3 to ZZZ we list 1,559 text message and online chat abbreviations to help you translate and understand today's texting lingo. Includes Top... Read More »Huge List of Computer Certifications
Have you heard about a computer certification program but can't figure out if it's right for you? Use this handy list to help you decide. Read More »
Computer architecture provides an introduction to system design basics for most computer science students. Read More »Network Fundamentals Study Guide
Networking fundamentals teaches the building blocks of modern network design. Learn different types of networks, concepts, architecture and... Read More »The Five Generations of Computers
Learn about each of the five generations of computers and major technology developments that have led to the computing devices that we use... Read More »