1) Also called search engine optimization (SEO), website optimization is a phrase that describes the procedures used to optimize – or to design from scratch – a website to rank well in search engines. Website optimization includes processes such as adding relevant keyword and phrases on the website, editing meta tags, image tags, and optimizing other components of your website to ensure that it is accessible to a search engine and improve the overall chances that the website will be indexed by search engines.
2) A phrase used to describe the procedures to optimize the speed at which your website loads in a Web browser. This type of optimization generally involves editing your website to optimize scripts, HTML or CSS code for faster loading. It's also reduces the number of components such as images, scripts, or video components that are needed to render the webpage.
See also HyperText Transfer Protocol (HTTP) the underlying protocol used by the World Wide Web.
Featured Partners Sponsored
- Increase worker productivity, enhance data security, and enjoy greater energy savings. Find out how. Download the “Ultimate Desktop Simplicity Kit” now.»
- Find out which 10 hardware additions will help you maintain excellent service and outstanding security for you and your customers. »
- Server virtualization is growing in popularity, but the technology for securing it lags. To protect your virtual network.»
- Before you implement a private cloud, find out what you need to know about automated delivery, virtual sprawl, and more. »