(1) A group of interdependent items that interact regularly to perform a task.
(2) An established or organized procedure; a method.
(4) An information system is a system that collects and stores data.
(5) On Macintoshes, System is short for System file, an essential program that runs whenever you start up a Macintosh. The System provides information to all other applications that run on a Macintosh. The System and Finder programs together make up the Mac OS.
(6) System often simply refers to the operating system.