Short for electronic bill presentment and payment, the process by which companies bill customers and receive payments electronically over the Internet.
There are two types of presentment models:
- direct model: a biller delivers the bill to customers via its own Web site, or via a third-party's site.
- consolidator model: bills from multiple billers are delivered to a single Web site, to be presented in aggregate to the consumer for viewing and payment.
Featured Partners Sponsored
- Increase worker productivity, enhance data security, and enjoy greater energy savings. Find out how. Download the “Ultimate Desktop Simplicity Kit” now.»
- Find out which 10 hardware additions will help you maintain excellent service and outstanding security for you and your customers. »
- Server virtualization is growing in popularity, but the technology for securing it lags. To protect your virtual network.»
- Before you implement a private cloud, find out what you need to know about automated delivery, virtual sprawl, and more. »