The study of a cryptographic system for the purpose of finding weaknesses in the system and breaking the code used to encrypt the data without knowing the code��s key. There are 4 basic steps in a typical cryptanalysis:
- Determine the language being used
- Determine the system being used �� this can be a time-consuming stage in the process and involves counting character frequency, searching for repeated patterns and performing statistical tests.
- Reconstruct the system��s specific keys
- Reconstruction of the plain text �� this step typically takes place at the same time as the keys are reconstructed.
Featured Partners Sponsored
- Increase worker productivity, enhance data security, and enjoy greater energy savings. Find out how. Download the “Ultimate Desktop Simplicity Kit” now.»
- Find out which 10 hardware additions will help you maintain excellent service and outstanding security for you and your customers. »
- Server virtualization is growing in popularity, but the technology for securing it lags. To protect your virtual network.»
- Before you implement a private cloud, find out what you need to know about automated delivery, virtual sprawl, and more. »