(1) Capitalized, VOX is short for voice operated switch it is a term commonly used in telecommunications. It refers to a switch that works when a sound is detected by a device (transmitter or recording device) which is activated by the sound in place of a user a pushing a button to transmit.
(2) In the audio and sound recording industry vox is a term used as an abbreviation for voice or vocal tracks.
Featured Partners Sponsored
- Increase worker productivity, enhance data security, and enjoy greater energy savings. Find out how. Download the “Ultimate Desktop Simplicity Kit” now.»
- Find out which 10 hardware additions will help you maintain excellent service and outstanding security for you and your customers. »
- Server virtualization is growing in popularity, but the technology for securing it lags. To protect your virtual network.»
- Before you implement a private cloud, find out what you need to know about automated delivery, virtual sprawl, and more. »