STTRShort for the Small Business Technology Transfer program, a federal program that awards research and development funds to small businesses that partner with non-profit research institutions to encourage them to jointly explore their technological potential and innovate new technologies that will be made commercially available to the public. STTR is similar to the SBIR program but includes the partnership with a research institution. The program is meant to help small businesses compete with large enterprises that have more resources for research and development and subsequently stimulate the U.S. economy by encouraging the development and commercialization of new technologies.
In order to be eligible for an STTR award, businesses must:
- Be American-owned and independently operated
- Be for-profit
- Have 500 or less employees
- Unlike the SBIR program, the principal researcher need not be employed by the company.
- Be located in the U.S.
- Be a nonprofit college or university research lab, a domestic nonprofit research organization or a federally funded research and development institution.
The STTR program is coordinated by the Small Business Administration.
If hackers get their hands on your company's data, they can wreak havoc on customer relationships and cause tremendous damage to your brand and... Read More »Windows XP: Move Along, There's Nothing to See Here
After more than 12 years of holding the title of most popular operating system in the world, Windows XP is taking center stage for its final... Read More »Report: The Role of Big Data in the Marketing Industry
According to a new study from Infogroup Targeting Solutions, we can expect to see companies spend heavily on big data marketing initiatives in... Read More »
Creating desktop shortcuts to a websites is useful. When you double-click the icon from your desktop it automatically launches the browser and... Read More »Flash Data Storage Vendor Trends
Although it is almost impossible to keep up with the pace of ongoing product releases, here are three recent highlights in the flash data storage... Read More »15 Important Big Data Facts for IT Professionals
Keeping track of big data trends, research and statistics gives IT professionals a solid foundation to plan big data projects. Here are 15... Read More »
Stay up to date on the latest developments in Internet terminology with a free weekly newsletter from Webopedia. Join to subscribe now.
- Check out eWeek's new Research Center, a central and comprehensive library of whitepapers, eBooks, eseminars, webcasts, and more from top industry brands and independent tech journalists »
- Watch Datamation's editor James Maguire moderate roundtable discussions with tech experts from companies such as Accenture, Dell, Blue Jeans Network, Microsoft and more »