(1) Acronym for Standard Performance Evaluation Corporation, a nonprofit corporation set up by many computer and microprocessor vendors to create a standard set of benchmark tests. The most widely used set of tests, known as SPEC CPU2000 contains two benchmark suites: CINT2000 for measuring and comparing compute-intensive integer performance, and CFP2000 for measuring and comparing compute-intensive floating point performance. The SPEC CPU2000 benchmark tests are also called CPU2000 tests.
SPEC CPU95 preceded SPEC CPU2000 which will be followed by CPU2006.
(2) Short for specification, as in a functional specification.
Featured Partners Sponsored
- Increase worker productivity, enhance data security, and enjoy greater energy savings. Find out how. Download the “Ultimate Desktop Simplicity Kit” now.»
- Find out which 10 hardware additions will help you maintain excellent service and outstanding security for you and your customers. »
- Server virtualization is growing in popularity, but the technology for securing it lags. To protect your virtual network.»
- Before you implement a private cloud, find out what you need to know about automated delivery, virtual sprawl, and more. »