A private cloud is designed to offer the same features and benefits of public cloud systems, but removes a number of objections to the cloud computing model including control over enterprise and customer data, worries about security, and issues connected to regulatory compliance.
Private Cloud Security
A private cloud implementation aims to avoid many of the objections regarding cloud computing security. Because a private cloud setup is implemented safely within the corporate firewall, a private cloud provides more control over the company's data, and it ensures security, albeit with greater potential risk for data loss due to natural disaster.
The downside is private cloud ROI (return on investment): The organization implementing the private cloud is responsible for running and managing IT resources instead of passing that responsibility on to a third-party cloud provider.
Private Cloud Project
Companies initiate private cloud projects to enable their IT infrastructure to become more capable of quickly adapting to continually evolving business needs and requirements. Learn more about private cloud projects in this Webopedia definition.
Top 5 Private Cloud Questions
Cloud Computing Articles from Webopedia.com
1. Cloud Computing Dictionary
2. Cloud Computing Explained
3. Open Source Small Business Cloud Computing Applications
4. Slideshow: Cloud Computing Security Challenges
5. Cloud Computing White Papers and Resources for Small Businesses
6. 30 Private Cloud Computing Vendors to Consider
- Check out eWeek's new Research Center, a central and comprehensive library of whitepapers, eBooks, eseminars, webcasts, and more from top industry brands and independent tech journalists »
- Watch Datamation's editor James Maguire moderate roundtable discussions with tech experts from companies such as Accenture, Dell, Blue Jeans Network, Microsoft and more »
If hackers get their hands on your company's data, they can wreak havoc on customer relationships and cause tremendous damage to your brand and... Read More »Windows XP: Move Along, There's Nothing to See Here
After more than 12 years of holding the title of most popular operating system in the world, Windows XP is taking center stage for its final... Read More »Report: The Role of Big Data in the Marketing Industry
According to a new study from Infogroup Targeting Solutions, we can expect to see companies spend heavily on big data marketing initiatives in... Read More »
Creating desktop shortcuts to a websites is useful. When you double-click the icon from your desktop it automatically launches the browser and... Read More »Flash Data Storage Vendor Trends
Although it is almost impossible to keep up with the pace of ongoing product releases, here are three recent highlights in the flash data storage... Read More »15 Important Big Data Facts for IT Professionals
Keeping track of big data trends, research and statistics gives IT professionals a solid foundation to plan big data projects. Here are 15... Read More »