Power BI for Office 365
Power BI for Office 365 is Microsoft's cloud-based business intelligence (BI) solution that works from within Excel and Office 365 to analyze and visualize data in a self-service way. The BI solution is designed to help business users gain insights from their data and, according to Microsoft, includes the following:
- Power Query: Enables customers to easily search and access public data and their organization's data, all within Excel (formerly known as "Data Explorer").
- Power Map: A 3D data visualization tool for mapping, exploring and interacting with geographic and temporal data (formerly known as product codename "Geoflow").
- Power Pivot: For creating and customizing flexible data models within Excel.
- Power View: For creating interactive charts, graphs and other visual representations of data.
The future remains, well, cloudy. But either way: Amazon, look out. Microsoft is gaining fast. Read More »Hype Versus Action in the Developer's World
Often times technologies start as hype but with time become adopted. As a developer or technologist, it is worth reading the hype and knowing the... Read More »Microsoft Hyper-V Network Virtualization Q&A
The top 5 Hyper-V questions with answers provided by Nirmal Sharma, a MCSEx3, MCITP and Microsoft MVP in Directory Services. Read More »
Webopedia Polls: Is iPhone 6 or iWatch on your list? Read More »How to Create a Desktop Shortcut to a Website
This Webopedia guide will show you how to create a desktop shortcut to a website using Firefox, Chrome or Internet Explorer (IE). Read More »Flash Data Storage Vendor Trends
Although it is almost impossible to keep up with the pace of ongoing product releases, here are three recent highlights in the flash data storage... Read More »
Stay up to date on the latest developments in Internet terminology with a free weekly newsletter from Webopedia. Join to subscribe now.
- Watch Datamation's editor James Maguire moderate roundtable discussions with tech experts from companies such as Accenture, Dell, Blue Jeans Network, Microsoft and more »