Power BI for Office 365
Power BI for Office 365 is Microsoft's cloud-based business intelligence (BI) solution that works from within Excel and Office 365 to analyze and visualize data in a self-service way. The BI solution is designed to help business users gain insights from their data and, according to Microsoft, includes the following:
- Power Query: Enables customers to easily search and access public data and their organization's data, all within Excel (formerly known as "Data Explorer").
- Power Map: A 3D data visualization tool for mapping, exploring and interacting with geographic and temporal data (formerly known as product codename "Geoflow").
- Power Pivot: For creating and customizing flexible data models within Excel.
- Power View: For creating interactive charts, graphs and other visual representations of data.
Perceptual computing is the ability for a computer to recognize what is going on around it. More specifically, the computer can perceive the... Read More »Apple Pay Promises to Strengthen Payment Security
Experts believe that Apple Pay and other competitive payment systems will be far more secure than cards, even cards equipped with EMV chips. Read More »The Great Data Storage Debate: Is Tape Dead?
Tape clearly is on the decline. But remember, legacy systems can hang for a shockingly long time. Read More »
A network is a group of two or more computer systems or devices, linked together to share resources, exchange files and electronic communications.... Read More »Computer Architecture Study Guide
This Webopedia study guide describes the different parts of a computer system and their relations. Read More »Webopedia Polls
The trend for the past two years has been for shoppers to spend more online during the holiday season. How do you typically shop for holiday... Read More »
Stay up to date on the latest developments in Internet terminology with a free weekly newsletter from Webopedia. Join to subscribe now.
- Watch Datamation's editor James Maguire moderate roundtable discussions with tech experts from companies such as Accenture, Dell, Blue Jeans Network, Microsoft and more »