Parental ControlsIn Windows Vista, Parental Controls is a new feature designed to let parents set controls for their children's computer use. Parental Controls are located in the Control Panel in Vista. To use Parental Controls, you first need to set up a new user account. The Parental Controls will be associated with this user account, which is the account you will have your children log on to the computer with. You can also choose to use activity reports to view your children's online activities. Options available under Parental Controls include the following:
- Time Limits: setting specific time limits that will prevent logging on during certain times of the day
- Game Content: controls to access games where you can set an appropriate age level and content type you want to block
- Web Access: Allows you to restrict the Web sites that children visit and choose if you want to allow file transfers
- Program-specific Controls: allows you to keep your children from running specific programs on the computer
Does this sound familiar? An online service promises to help your small business cut costs, increase productivity, make your coffee and walk your... Read More »Who's Moving Ahead in Cloud Computing?
The future remains, well, cloudy. But either way: Amazon, look out. Microsoft is gaining fast. Read More »We Can't Give Up on Privacy!
Even new and emerging technologies that can make our lives easier, safer and healthier can jeopardize our privacy. Read More »
The trend for the past two years has been for shoppers to spend more online during the holiday season. How do you typically shop for holiday... Read More »How to Create a Desktop Shortcut to a Website
This Webopedia guide will show you how to create a desktop shortcut to a website using Firefox, Chrome or Internet Explorer (IE). Read More »Flash Data Storage Vendor Trends
Although it is almost impossible to keep up with the pace of ongoing product releases, here are three recent highlights in the flash data storage... Read More »
Stay up to date on the latest developments in Internet terminology with a free weekly newsletter from Webopedia. Join to subscribe now.
- Watch Datamation's editor James Maguire moderate roundtable discussions with tech experts from companies such as Accenture, Dell, Blue Jeans Network, Microsoft and more »