(1) Short for Protocol Data Unit. The term used to describe data as it moves from one layer of the OSI model to another. In this reference, PDU is often used synonymously with packet.
(2) Short for Power Distribution Unit. An electrical device used to control the distribution of power to individual loads. The PDU may be a stand-alone controlled device or it may be integrated directly into the UPS (uninterruptible power supply).
Featured Partners Sponsored
- Increase worker productivity, enhance data security, and enjoy greater energy savings. Find out how. Download the “Ultimate Desktop Simplicity Kit” now.»
- Find out which 10 hardware additions will help you maintain excellent service and outstanding security for you and your customers. »
- Server virtualization is growing in popularity, but the technology for securing it lags. To protect your virtual network.»
- Before you implement a private cloud, find out what you need to know about automated delivery, virtual sprawl, and more. »