PCI Security Standards CouncilThe PCI (Payment Card Industry) Security Standards Council is an industry-led standards organization, founded by American Express, Discover Financial Services, JCB, MasterCard Worldwide and Visa International to provide a formalized standards body to manage the ongoing evolution of PCI Security Standards. The PCI Security Standards Council is responsible for the following tasks:
- Develop and manage the PCI Data Security Standard, including maintenance, clarification and revisions of the Standard.
- Establish and maintain industry-level approval processes for qualified security assessors and network scanning vendors.
- Publish and distribute the PCI Data Security Standard.
- Provide an open forum where all key stakeholders can provide input into the ongoing development of other payment security standards.
Does this sound familiar? An online service promises to help your small business cut costs, increase productivity, make your coffee and walk your... Read More »Who's Moving Ahead in Cloud Computing?
The future remains, well, cloudy. But either way: Amazon, look out. Microsoft is gaining fast. Read More »We Can't Give Up on Privacy!
Even new and emerging technologies that can make our lives easier, safer and healthier can jeopardize our privacy. Read More »
The trend for the past two years has been for shoppers to spend more online during the holiday season. How do you typically shop for holiday... Read More »How to Create a Desktop Shortcut to a Website
This Webopedia guide will show you how to create a desktop shortcut to a website using Firefox, Chrome or Internet Explorer (IE). Read More »Flash Data Storage Vendor Trends
Although it is almost impossible to keep up with the pace of ongoing product releases, here are three recent highlights in the flash data storage... Read More »
Stay up to date on the latest developments in Internet terminology with a free weekly newsletter from Webopedia. Join to subscribe now.
- Watch Datamation's editor James Maguire moderate roundtable discussions with tech experts from companies such as Accenture, Dell, Blue Jeans Network, Microsoft and more »