PCI Security Standards CouncilThe PCI (Payment Card Industry) Security Standards Council is an industry-led standards organization, founded by American Express, Discover Financial Services, JCB, MasterCard Worldwide and Visa International to provide a formalized standards body to manage the ongoing evolution of PCI Security Standards. The PCI Security Standards Council is responsible for the following tasks:
- Develop and manage the PCI Data Security Standard, including maintenance, clarification and revisions of the Standard.
- Establish and maintain industry-level approval processes for qualified security assessors and network scanning vendors.
- Publish and distribute the PCI Data Security Standard.
- Provide an open forum where all key stakeholders can provide input into the ongoing development of other payment security standards.
It's hard to imagine our lives without smartphones. But people who suffer separation anxiety when they don't have their phones nearby may be in... Read More »13 Best Free Android Apps
From secure messaging to document editing, our top free must-have apps have been rated, reviewed and named the best free Android apps of 2015. Read More »The Five Generations of Computers
Learn about each of the five generations of computers and major technology developments that have led to the current devices that we use today. Read More »
From wacky alarm clocks to lecture hall tools and after class entertainment, these Android apps are a good fit for a student's life and budget. Read More »Network Fundamentals Study Guide
A network is a group of two or more computer systems or devices, linked together to share resources, exchange files and electronic communications.... Read More »Computer Architecture Study Guide
This Webopedia study guide describes the different parts of a computer system and their relations. Read More »
Stay up to date on the latest developments in Internet terminology with a free weekly newsletter from Webopedia. Join to subscribe now.
- Watch Datamation's editor James Maguire moderate roundtable discussions with tech experts from companies such as Accenture, Dell, Blue Jeans Network, Microsoft and more »