PCI Security Standards CouncilThe PCI (Payment Card Industry) Security Standards Council is an industry-led standards organization, founded by American Express, Discover Financial Services, JCB, MasterCard Worldwide and Visa International to provide a formalized standards body to manage the ongoing evolution of PCI Security Standards. The PCI Security Standards Council is responsible for the following tasks:
- Develop and manage the PCI Data Security Standard, including maintenance, clarification and revisions of the Standard.
- Establish and maintain industry-level approval processes for qualified security assessors and network scanning vendors.
- Publish and distribute the PCI Data Security Standard.
- Provide an open forum where all key stakeholders can provide input into the ongoing development of other payment security standards.
Tape clearly is on the decline. But remember, legacy systems can hang for a shockingly long time. Read More »Apple Pay Promises to Strengthen Payment Security
Experts believe that Apple Pay and other competitive payment systems will be far more secure than cards, even cards equipped with EMV chips. Read More »Internet of Things Shaping IT's Future
To make the IoT both work and pay off, IT is juggling upgrading and building app-centric networks, mapping out new data center architectures and... Read More »
The trend for the past two years has been for shoppers to spend more online during the holiday season. How do you typically shop for holiday... Read More »How to Create a Desktop Shortcut to a Website
This Webopedia guide will show you how to create a desktop shortcut to a website using Firefox, Chrome or Internet Explorer (IE). Read More »Flash Data Storage Vendor Trends
Although it is almost impossible to keep up with the pace of ongoing product releases, here are three recent highlights in the flash data storage... Read More »
Stay up to date on the latest developments in Internet terminology with a free weekly newsletter from Webopedia. Join to subscribe now.
- Watch Datamation's editor James Maguire moderate roundtable discussions with tech experts from companies such as Accenture, Dell, Blue Jeans Network, Microsoft and more »