PCI Security Standards Council
The PCI (Payment Card Industry) Security Standards Council is an industry-led standards organization, founded by American Express, Discover Financial Services, JCB, MasterCard Worldwide and Visa International to provide a formalized standards body to manage the ongoing evolution of PCI Security Standards. The PCI Security Standards Council is responsible for the following tasks:
- Develop and manage the PCI Data Security Standard, including maintenance, clarification and revisions of the Standard.
- Establish and maintain industry-level approval processes for qualified security assessors and network scanning vendors.
- Publish and distribute the PCI Data Security Standard.
- Provide an open forum where all key stakeholders can provide input into the ongoing development of other payment security standards.
Featured Partners Sponsored
- Increase worker productivity, enhance data security, and enjoy greater energy savings. Find out how. Download the “Ultimate Desktop Simplicity Kit” now.»
- Find out which 10 hardware additions will help you maintain excellent service and outstanding security for you and your customers. »
- Server virtualization is growing in popularity, but the technology for securing it lags. To protect your virtual network.»
- Before you implement a private cloud, find out what you need to know about automated delivery, virtual sprawl, and more. »