(1) Short for Phase Alternating Line, the dominant television standard in Europe. The United States uses a different standard, NTSC. Whereas NTSC delivers 525 lines of resolution at 60 half-frames per second, PAL delivers 625 lines at 50 half-frames per second. Many video adapters that enable computer monitors to be used as television screens support both NTSC and PAL signals.
(2) Short for Programmable Array Logic, a type of Programmable Logic Device (PLD).
Featured Partners Sponsored
- Increase worker productivity, enhance data security, and enjoy greater energy savings. Find out how. Download the “Ultimate Desktop Simplicity Kit” now.»
- Find out which 10 hardware additions will help you maintain excellent service and outstanding security for you and your customers. »
- Server virtualization is growing in popularity, but the technology for securing it lags. To protect your virtual network.»
- Before you implement a private cloud, find out what you need to know about automated delivery, virtual sprawl, and more. »