An initiative that is managed by the Advanced Platforms and Services group at CableLabs. The OpenCable Project, based on the Globally Executable MHP (GEM) standard, is designed to assist the cable industry in deploying interactive services over cable. The OpenCable provides both a software specification and a hardware specification as follows:
- Hardare specification: describes one-way and two-way digital cable-ready host devices that are interoperable with cable systems throughout the United States.
- Software specification: Called the OpenCable Application Platform, OCAP addressees proprietary operating system software to create a common platform for interactive television applications and services.
Featured Partners Sponsored
- Increase worker productivity, enhance data security, and enjoy greater energy savings. Find out how. Download the “Ultimate Desktop Simplicity Kit” now.»
- Find out which 10 hardware additions will help you maintain excellent service and outstanding security for you and your customers. »
- Server virtualization is growing in popularity, but the technology for securing it lags. To protect your virtual network.»
- Before you implement a private cloud, find out what you need to know about automated delivery, virtual sprawl, and more. »