OWASPShort for Open Web Application Security Project, an open source community project set up to develop software tools and knowledge-based documentation for Web application security. Some of the project��s work includes:
- A guide to define security requirements to build secure Web applications.
- Developing an industry standard testing framework for Web application security.
- VulnXML - A standard data exhange format to allow commercial, open source and research tools to communicate and interoperate.
- Web Scarab - An open source enterprise-level Web application scanner.
- Developing a component-based approach to filtering malicious input and output to a Web application.
- Web Maven - An intentionally insecure Internet bank users can download and learn from.
All of the project��s software and documentation is released under the GNU GPL, and the project is staffed entirely of volunteers.
Stay up to date on the latest developments in Internet terminology with a free weekly newsletter from Webopedia. Join to subscribe now.
From wacky alarm clocks to lecture hall tools and after class entertainment, these Android apps are a good fit for a student's life and budget. Read More »Sharing Threat Intelligence
A growing number of startups make the sharing of threat intelligence a key part of their solutions. Read More »Smiley Faces and Symbols
A text smiley face is used to convey a facial expression or emotion in texting and online chat conversations. This Webopedia guide shows you how... Read More »
The Open System Interconnection (OSI) model defines a networking framework to implement protocols in seven layers. Use this handy guide to compare... Read More »Network Fundamentals Study Guide
Networking fundamentals teaches the building blocks of modern network design. Learn different types of networks, concepts, architecture and... Read More »Computer Architecture Study Guide
This Webopedia study guide describes the different parts of a computer system and their relations. Read More »