(1) Short for Methods for Testing and Specification.
(2) Short for Microsoft Transaction Server, a feature of the Microsoft Windows NT Server operating system that allows the development and deployment of server-centric applications built using Microsoft Component Object Model (COM) technologies.
(3) Short for Measured Telephone Service, a telecommunication service based on metered usage such as toll-based calling.
(4) Short for Multichannel Television Sound, the method of broadcasting stereo sound over ordinary analog TV channels. MTS reception capability is built into virtually all stereo TVs and HiFi VCRs.
(5) Abbreviation for Multithreaded Server, an Oracle server configuration that uses less memory. A dispatcher process enables many user processes to share a few server processes. While running in MTS mode, a user can still request a dedicated server process.
Stay up to date on the latest developments in Internet terminology with a free weekly newsletter from Webopedia. Join to subscribe now.
Webopedia's student apps roundup will help you to better organize your class schedule and stay on top of assignments and homework. Read More »List of Free Shorten URL Services
A URL shortener is a way to make a long Web address shorter. Try this list of free services. Read More »Top 10 Tech Terms of 2015
The most popular Webopedia definitions of 2015. Read More »
The Open System Interconnection (OSI) model defines a networking framework to implement protocols in seven layers. Use this handy guide to compare... Read More »Computer Architecture Study Guide
This Webopedia study guide describes the different parts of a computer system and their relations. Read More »What Are Network Topologies?
Network Topology refers to layout of a network. How different nodes in a network are connected to each other and how they communicate is... Read More »