(1) Short for Methods for Testing and Specification.
(2) Short for Microsoft Transaction Server, a feature of the Microsoft Windows NT Server operating system that allows the development and deployment of server-centric applications built using Microsoft Component Object Model (COM) technologies.
(3) Short for Measured Telephone Service, a telecommunication service based on metered usage such as toll-based calling.
(4) Short for Multichannel Television Sound, the method of broadcasting stereo sound over ordinary analog TV channels. MTS reception capability is built into virtually all stereo TVs and HiFi VCRs.
(5) Abbreviation for Multithreaded Server, an Oracle server configuration that uses less memory. A dispatcher process enables many user processes to share a few server processes. While running in MTS mode, a user can still request a dedicated server process.
Often times technologies start as hype but with time become adopted. As a developer or technologist, it is worth reading the hype and knowing the... Read More »Microsoft Hyper-V Network Virtualization Q&A
The top 5 Hyper-V questions with answers provided by Nirmal Sharma, a MCSEx3, MCITP and Microsoft MVP in Directory Services. Read More »Storage Trends: Solid State and Software Defined
Solid state drives and software defined storage are two leading trends in the rapidly growing storage market. Read More »
Creating desktop shortcuts to a websites is useful. When you double-click the icon from your desktop it automatically launches the browser and... Read More »Flash Data Storage Vendor Trends
Although it is almost impossible to keep up with the pace of ongoing product releases, here are three recent highlights in the flash data storage... Read More »15 Important Big Data Facts for IT Professionals
Keeping track of big data trends, research and statistics gives IT professionals a solid foundation to plan big data projects. Here are 15... Read More »
Stay up to date on the latest developments in Internet terminology with a free weekly newsletter from Webopedia. Join to subscribe now.
- Watch Datamation's editor James Maguire moderate roundtable discussions with tech experts from companies such as Accenture, Dell, Blue Jeans Network, Microsoft and more »