Large Merchant ServiceseBay's Large Merchant Services (LMS) is a set of APIs that enable an online seller's application to send large amounts of inventory to eBay. Using LMS enables large merchants to shift the processing burden for large call volume (and call retries) from your server to eBay servers, reducing your own bandwidth and connection requests. Also, merchants can upload and manage price and quantity updates for thousands of eBay fixed price items and download large amounts of order, invoice, and active listing information.
eBay's Large Merchant Services uses the following three APIs:
- Merchant Data API (data file): This API defines the data that can be passed to and from the eBay servers in files.
- Bulk Data Exchange API (Web service): This API describes how to manage the Large Merchant workflow, such as starting, stopping, and checking the status of data processing.
- File Transfer API (Web service): This API service passes the data file to and from the eBay servers.
From the widest view, everything that we include under the heading of mobile has irrevocably changed IT's relationship with the rest of the... Read More »Choosing an Enterprise Storage Implementation
When you deploy a new enterprise storage system, you must decide whether to design and build your own storage system or to utilize a cloud-based... Read More »Big Data Analytics Expert Predictions
In this Webopedia Did You Know...? article we look at three big data expert predictions for 2014. Read More »
Keeping track of big data trends, research and statistics gives IT professionals a solid foundation to plan big data projects. Here are 15... Read More »Enterprise Storage Vendors
There's a number of vendors that sell enterprise storage hardware or offer cloud-based enterprise storage. View Webopedia's Enterprise storage... Read More »50 Cloud Computing Terms Defined
From planning a private cloud project to finding an online cloud storage provider, Webopedia's A-Z Cloud Computing Glossary will help you... Read More »
Stay up to date on the latest developments in Internet terminology with a free weekly newsletter from Webopedia. Join to subscribe now.
- Enterprise Mobility Exchange results show continued growth and emphasis on mobility. CIOInsight breaks down the numbers here. »
- Watch Datamation's editor James Maguire moderate roundtable discussions with tech experts from companies such as Accenture, Dell, Blue Jeans Network, Microsoft and more »