IT Capability Maturity FrameworkAbbreviated as IT-CMF, the IT Capability Maturity Framework was launched by The Innovation Value Institute (IVI) to provide a concise management roadmap to optimize business value derived from IT investments. This framework has been proven to deliver greater business value from IT while reducing the complexity of IT choices for CIOs.
The IT-CMF consists of a five-stage maturity model used to organize and structure a framework for mapping IT improvement efforts. The holistic approach of the IT-CMF is reflected by its four foundational macro processes:
- Managing IT like a Business: shifting the focus from technology and production to a focus on customers and services
- Managing the IT Budget: investing in innovative IT solutions that deliver better value and performance
- Managing the IT Capability: managing IT assets throughout the value chain and developing core competencies
- Managing IT for Business Value: linking IT investments to overall business benefits
In total, the IT-CMF identifies 36 core processes and categorizes them under these four dimensions to cover all activities in an IT department. An assessment of an IT organization's maturity across these 36 processes, together with comparisons to industry benchmarks and best practices, will highlight the company's key maturity gaps and value-creation opportunities.
It's not just your lawnmower and household tools that your neighbor won't return. Our top picks include everything from updating device firmware... Read More »Interesting Times: Transformation in the IT Channel
Business transformation will remain the buzzword of the moment as channel firms continue to assess the direction of their companies in the age of... Read More »What is a Virtual Private network (VPN)?
Companies and organizations will use a VPN to communicate confidentially over a public network and to send voice, video or data. Read More »
From wacky alarm clocks to lecture hall tools and after class entertainment, these Android apps are a good fit for a student's life and budget. Read More »Network Fundamentals Study Guide
A network is a group of two or more computer systems or devices, linked together to share resources, exchange files and electronic communications.... Read More »Computer Architecture Study Guide
This Webopedia study guide describes the different parts of a computer system and their relations. Read More »
Stay up to date on the latest developments in Internet terminology with a free weekly newsletter from Webopedia. Join to subscribe now.
- Watch Datamation's editor James Maguire moderate roundtable discussions with tech experts from companies such as Accenture, Dell, Blue Jeans Network, Microsoft and more »