IT Capability Maturity FrameworkAbbreviated as IT-CMF, the IT Capability Maturity Framework was launched by The Innovation Value Institute (IVI) to provide a concise management roadmap to optimize business value derived from IT investments. This framework has been proven to deliver greater business value from IT while reducing the complexity of IT choices for CIOs.
The IT-CMF consists of a five-stage maturity model used to organize and structure a framework for mapping IT improvement efforts. The holistic approach of the IT-CMF is reflected by its four foundational macro processes:
- Managing IT like a Business: shifting the focus from technology and production to a focus on customers and services
- Managing the IT Budget: investing in innovative IT solutions that deliver better value and performance
- Managing the IT Capability: managing IT assets throughout the value chain and developing core competencies
- Managing IT for Business Value: linking IT investments to overall business benefits
In total, the IT-CMF identifies 36 core processes and categorizes them under these four dimensions to cover all activities in an IT department. An assessment of an IT organization's maturity across these 36 processes, together with comparisons to industry benchmarks and best practices, will highlight the company's key maturity gaps and value-creation opportunities.
Because nothing says "I Love You" Like an open source app. Read More »Guarding your Data against Cyber Attacks
In this new era of heightened stakes comes an increased need for a comprehensive security strategy. Let's take a look at how cyber-threats have... Read More »The Great Data Storage Debate: Is Tape Dead?
Tape clearly is on the decline. But remember, legacy systems can hang for a shockingly long time. Read More »
A network is a group of two or more computer systems or devices, linked together to share resources, exchange files and electronic communications.... Read More »Computer Architecture Study Guide
This Webopedia study guide describes the different parts of a computer system and their relations. Read More »Webopedia Polls
The trend for the past two years has been for shoppers to spend more online during the holiday season. How do you typically shop for holiday... Read More »
Stay up to date on the latest developments in Internet terminology with a free weekly newsletter from Webopedia. Join to subscribe now.
- Watch Datamation's editor James Maguire moderate roundtable discussions with tech experts from companies such as Accenture, Dell, Blue Jeans Network, Microsoft and more »