IT Capability Maturity FrameworkAbbreviated as IT-CMF, the IT Capability Maturity Framework was launched by The Innovation Value Institute (IVI) to provide a concise management roadmap to optimize business value derived from IT investments. This framework has been proven to deliver greater business value from IT while reducing the complexity of IT choices for CIOs.
The IT-CMF consists of a five-stage maturity model used to organize and structure a framework for mapping IT improvement efforts. The holistic approach of the IT-CMF is reflected by its four foundational macro processes:
- Managing IT like a Business: shifting the focus from technology and production to a focus on customers and services
- Managing the IT Budget: investing in innovative IT solutions that deliver better value and performance
- Managing the IT Capability: managing IT assets throughout the value chain and developing core competencies
- Managing IT for Business Value: linking IT investments to overall business benefits
In total, the IT-CMF identifies 36 core processes and categorizes them under these four dimensions to cover all activities in an IT department. An assessment of an IT organization's maturity across these 36 processes, together with comparisons to industry benchmarks and best practices, will highlight the company's key maturity gaps and value-creation opportunities.
Experts believe that Apple Pay and other competitive payment systems will be far more secure than cards, even cards equipped with EMV chips. Read More »Internet of Things Shaping IT's Future
To make the IoT both work and pay off, IT is juggling upgrading and building app-centric networks, mapping out new data center architectures and... Read More »What You Don't Read Can Hurt You
Does this sound familiar? An online service promises to help your small business cut costs, increase productivity, make your coffee and walk your... Read More »
The trend for the past two years has been for shoppers to spend more online during the holiday season. How do you typically shop for holiday... Read More »How to Create a Desktop Shortcut to a Website
This Webopedia guide will show you how to create a desktop shortcut to a website using Firefox, Chrome or Internet Explorer (IE). Read More »Flash Data Storage Vendor Trends
Although it is almost impossible to keep up with the pace of ongoing product releases, here are three recent highlights in the flash data storage... Read More »
Stay up to date on the latest developments in Internet terminology with a free weekly newsletter from Webopedia. Join to subscribe now.
- Watch Datamation's editor James Maguire moderate roundtable discussions with tech experts from companies such as Accenture, Dell, Blue Jeans Network, Microsoft and more »