IT Capability Maturity FrameworkAbbreviated as IT-CMF, the IT Capability Maturity Framework was launched by The Innovation Value Institute (IVI) to provide a concise management roadmap to optimize business value derived from IT investments. This framework has been proven to deliver greater business value from IT while reducing the complexity of IT choices for CIOs.
The IT-CMF consists of a five-stage maturity model used to organize and structure a framework for mapping IT improvement efforts. The holistic approach of the IT-CMF is reflected by its four foundational macro processes:
- Managing IT like a Business: shifting the focus from technology and production to a focus on customers and services
- Managing the IT Budget: investing in innovative IT solutions that deliver better value and performance
- Managing the IT Capability: managing IT assets throughout the value chain and developing core competencies
- Managing IT for Business Value: linking IT investments to overall business benefits
In total, the IT-CMF identifies 36 core processes and categorizes them under these four dimensions to cover all activities in an IT department. An assessment of an IT organization's maturity across these 36 processes, together with comparisons to industry benchmarks and best practices, will highlight the company's key maturity gaps and value-creation opportunities.
From secure messaging to document editing, our top free must-have apps have been rated, reviewed and named the best free Android apps of 2015. Read More »The Five Generations of Computers
Learn about each of the five generations of computers and major technology developments that have led to the current devices that we use today. Read More »Cloud Computing Market Leaders, 2015
If not for AWS, Microsoft would dominate the cloud. The race to capture market share will grow ever more fierce in the years ahead. Here's a look... Read More »
From wacky alarm clocks to lecture hall tools and after class entertainment, these Android apps are a good fit for a student's life and budget. Read More »Network Fundamentals Study Guide
A network is a group of two or more computer systems or devices, linked together to share resources, exchange files and electronic communications.... Read More »Computer Architecture Study Guide
This Webopedia study guide describes the different parts of a computer system and their relations. Read More »
Stay up to date on the latest developments in Internet terminology with a free weekly newsletter from Webopedia. Join to subscribe now.
- Watch Datamation's editor James Maguire moderate roundtable discussions with tech experts from companies such as Accenture, Dell, Blue Jeans Network, Microsoft and more »