FourCCShort for four character code, FourCC is a sequence of four byte characters that identifies data formats. The the FourCC of a video tells Windows that codec the video contains. FourCC is most commonly associated as the identifier for Microsoft's AVI format, however FourCC is used by other formats as well. Examples of registered FOURCC codes include the following:
- CC12 (Intel Corporation) Intel YUV12 codec
- DIVX (DivXNetworks, Inc.) DivX video codec.
- DXTC (Microsoft Corporation) DirectX texture compression.
- JPEG (Microsoft Corporation) Still image JPEG.
- MP2V (Media Excel Inc.) MPEG-2 video.
- YU92 (Intel Corporation) YUV format.
It's hard to imagine our lives without smartphones. But people who suffer separation anxiety when they don't have their phones nearby may be in... Read More »13 Best Free Android Apps
From secure messaging to document editing, our top free must-have apps have been rated, reviewed and named the best free Android apps of 2015. Read More »The Five Generations of Computers
Learn about each of the five generations of computers and major technology developments that have led to the current devices that we use today. Read More »
From wacky alarm clocks to lecture hall tools and after class entertainment, these Android apps are a good fit for a student's life and budget. Read More »Network Fundamentals Study Guide
A network is a group of two or more computer systems or devices, linked together to share resources, exchange files and electronic communications.... Read More »Computer Architecture Study Guide
This Webopedia study guide describes the different parts of a computer system and their relations. Read More »
Stay up to date on the latest developments in Internet terminology with a free weekly newsletter from Webopedia. Join to subscribe now.
- Watch Datamation's editor James Maguire moderate roundtable discussions with tech experts from companies such as Accenture, Dell, Blue Jeans Network, Microsoft and more »