FourCCShort for four character code, FourCC is a sequence of four byte characters that identifies data formats. The the FourCC of a video tells Windows that codec the video contains. FourCC is most commonly associated as the identifier for Microsoft's AVI format, however FourCC is used by other formats as well. Examples of registered FOURCC codes include the following:
- CC12 (Intel Corporation) Intel YUV12 codec
- DIVX (DivXNetworks, Inc.) DivX video codec.
- DXTC (Microsoft Corporation) DirectX texture compression.
- JPEG (Microsoft Corporation) Still image JPEG.
- MP2V (Media Excel Inc.) MPEG-2 video.
- YU92 (Intel Corporation) YUV format.
Tape clearly is on the decline. But remember, legacy systems can hang for a shockingly long time. Read More »Apple Pay Promises to Strengthen Payment Security
Experts believe that Apple Pay and other competitive payment systems will be far more secure than cards, even cards equipped with EMV chips. Read More »Internet of Things Shaping IT's Future
To make the IoT both work and pay off, IT is juggling upgrading and building app-centric networks, mapping out new data center architectures and... Read More »
The trend for the past two years has been for shoppers to spend more online during the holiday season. How do you typically shop for holiday... Read More »How to Create a Desktop Shortcut to a Website
This Webopedia guide will show you how to create a desktop shortcut to a website using Firefox, Chrome or Internet Explorer (IE). Read More »Flash Data Storage Vendor Trends
Although it is almost impossible to keep up with the pace of ongoing product releases, here are three recent highlights in the flash data storage... Read More »
Stay up to date on the latest developments in Internet terminology with a free weekly newsletter from Webopedia. Join to subscribe now.
- Watch Datamation's editor James Maguire moderate roundtable discussions with tech experts from companies such as Accenture, Dell, Blue Jeans Network, Microsoft and more »