FCAPSAcronym for Fault, Configuration, Accounting, Performance, and Security, FCAPS is the key concept used to define the overall functionality of an enterprise management system. The idea of FCAPS stems directly from ITU.T recommendations that describes the five different types of information handled by management systems as the following:
- Fault Management: alarm handling, trouble detection, trouble correction, test and acceptance, network recovery
- Configuration Management: system turn-up, network provisioning, auto-discovery, back up and restore, database handling
- Accounting Management: track service usage, bill for services
- Performance Management: data collection, report generation, data analysis
- Security Management: control NE access, enable NE functions, access logs
Taking ownership of our own misjudgments or simple forgetfulness takes a healthy amount of humility and some honest self-assessment. Yet sometimes... Read More »Have We Become a World of Addicts?
It's hard to imagine our lives without smartphones. But people who suffer separation anxiety when they don't have their phones nearby may be in... Read More »13 Best Free Android Apps
From secure messaging to document editing, our top free must-have apps have been rated, reviewed and named the best free Android apps of 2015. Read More »
From wacky alarm clocks to lecture hall tools and after class entertainment, these Android apps are a good fit for a student's life and budget. Read More »Network Fundamentals Study Guide
A network is a group of two or more computer systems or devices, linked together to share resources, exchange files and electronic communications.... Read More »Computer Architecture Study Guide
This Webopedia study guide describes the different parts of a computer system and their relations. Read More »
Stay up to date on the latest developments in Internet terminology with a free weekly newsletter from Webopedia. Join to subscribe now.
- Watch Datamation's editor James Maguire moderate roundtable discussions with tech experts from companies such as Accenture, Dell, Blue Jeans Network, Microsoft and more »