(1) In computer technology, encoding is the process of putting a sequence of characters into a special format for transmission or storage purposes.
(2) The term used to reference to the processes of analog-to-digital conversion, and can be used in the context of any type of data such as text, images, audio, video or multimedia.
Featured Partners Sponsored
- Increase worker productivity, enhance data security, and enjoy greater energy savings. Find out how. Download the “Ultimate Desktop Simplicity Kit” now.»
- Find out which 10 hardware additions will help you maintain excellent service and outstanding security for you and your customers. »
- Server virtualization is growing in popularity, but the technology for securing it lags. To protect your virtual network.»
- Before you implement a private cloud, find out what you need to know about automated delivery, virtual sprawl, and more. »