ESRBAbbreviation for Entertainment Software Rating Board.
The Entertainment Software Rating Board (ESRB) is a self-regulatory body for the interactive entertainment software industry established in 1994 by the Entertainment Software Association (ESA). ESRB independently applies and enforces ratings, advertising guidelines, and online privacy principles adopted by the computer and video game industry. Since 1994 the ESRB has rated more than 10,000 games and 400 online games.
ESRB Rating Guide:
- EC - Early Childhood have content that may be suitable for ages 3 and older. Contains no material that parents would find inappropriate.
- T - Teen have content that may be suitable for persons ages 13 and older. May contain violent content, mild or strong language, and/or suggestive themes.
- AO - Adults Only have content suitable only for adults. Titles in this category may include graphic depictions of sex and/or violence. Adult Only products are not intended for persons under the age of 18.
- E - Everyone have content that may be suitable for persons ages 6 and older. Titles in this category may contain minimal violence, some comic mischief and/or mild language.
- M - Mature have content that may be suitable for persons ages 17 and older. Titles in this category may contain mature sexual themes, more intense violence and/or strong language.
- RP - Rating Pending have been submitted to the ESRB and are awaiting final rating.
Because nothing says "I Love You" Like an open source app. Read More »Guarding your Data against Cyber Attacks