Dolby Digital Plus
Dolby Digital Plus is the next-generation audio technology for all high-definition programming and media. Built on Dolby Digital, the multichannel audio standard for DVD and HD broadcasts worldwide, Dolby Digital Plus was designed for the delivery formats of the future, but remains fully compatible with all current A/V receivers. [Source: Dolby Technologies]
- Multichannel sound with discrete channel output.
- Channel and program extensions can carry multichannel audio programs of up to 7.1 channels.
- Supports data rates as high as 6 Mbps.
- Bit rate performance of at least 3 Mbps on HD DVD and up to 4.7 Mbps on Blu-ray Disc.
- Supported by HDMI, the new single-cable digital connection for high-definition audio and video.
Featured Partners Sponsored
- Increase worker productivity, enhance data security, and enjoy greater energy savings. Find out how. Download the “Ultimate Desktop Simplicity Kit” now.»
- Find out which 10 hardware additions will help you maintain excellent service and outstanding security for you and your customers. »
- Server virtualization is growing in popularity, but the technology for securing it lags. To protect your virtual network.»
- Before you implement a private cloud, find out what you need to know about automated delivery, virtual sprawl, and more. »