(1) Short for Digital Theater Sound, it is a multichannel surround sound format used in both commercial and consumer applications. DTS was created by the company for which the technology was named, Digital Theater Systems (which is now called DTS Inc.). DTS is a competing technology with Dolby Digital.
(2) Short for Data Transformation Services, a set of tools available in Microsoft SQL Server that lets you extract, transform, and consolidate data from disparate sources into single or multiple destinations supported by DTS connectivity. By using DTS tools to graphically build DTS packages or by programming a package with the DTS object model, you can create custom data movement solutions tailored to the specialized business needs of your organization.
Featured Partners Sponsored
- Increase worker productivity, enhance data security, and enjoy greater energy savings. Find out how. Download the “Ultimate Desktop Simplicity Kit” now.»
- Find out which 10 hardware additions will help you maintain excellent service and outstanding security for you and your customers. »
- Server virtualization is growing in popularity, but the technology for securing it lags. To protect your virtual network.»
- Before you implement a private cloud, find out what you need to know about automated delivery, virtual sprawl, and more. »