DMTFShort for Distributed Management Task Force, DMTF is an industry organization for the development, adoption and promotion of interoperable management standards and integration technology for enterprise and Internet environments. DMTF technologies include the following:
- Common Information Model (CIM)
- Web-Based Enterprise Management (WBEM)
- Desktop and mobile Architecture for System (DASH) Initiative
- Systems Management Architecture for Server Hardware (SMASH) Initiative
- System Management BIOS (SMBIOS)
- Alert Standard Format (ASF)
- Common Diagnostic Model (CDM)
- Management Component Transport Protocol (MCTP)
The DMTF was founded in Founded in 1992.
It's not just your lawnmower and household tools that your neighbor won't return. Our top picks include everything from updating device firmware... Read More »Interesting Times: Transformation in the IT Channel
Business transformation will remain the buzzword of the moment as channel firms continue to assess the direction of their companies in the age of... Read More »What is a Virtual Private network (VPN)?
Companies and organizations will use a VPN to communicate confidentially over a public network and to send voice, video or data. Read More »
From wacky alarm clocks to lecture hall tools and after class entertainment, these Android apps are a good fit for a student's life and budget. Read More »Network Fundamentals Study Guide
A network is a group of two or more computer systems or devices, linked together to share resources, exchange files and electronic communications.... Read More »Computer Architecture Study Guide
This Webopedia study guide describes the different parts of a computer system and their relations. Read More »
Stay up to date on the latest developments in Internet terminology with a free weekly newsletter from Webopedia. Join to subscribe now.
- Watch Datamation's editor James Maguire moderate roundtable discussions with tech experts from companies such as Accenture, Dell, Blue Jeans Network, Microsoft and more »