DMTFShort for Distributed Management Task Force, DMTF is an industry organization for the development, adoption and promotion of interoperable management standards and integration technology for enterprise and Internet environments. DMTF technologies include the following:
- Common Information Model (CIM)
- Web-Based Enterprise Management (WBEM)
- Desktop and mobile Architecture for System (DASH) Initiative
- Systems Management Architecture for Server Hardware (SMASH) Initiative
- System Management BIOS (SMBIOS)
- Alert Standard Format (ASF)
- Common Diagnostic Model (CDM)
- Management Component Transport Protocol (MCTP)
The DMTF was founded in Founded in 1992.
Does this sound familiar? An online service promises to help your small business cut costs, increase productivity, make your coffee and walk your... Read More »Who's Moving Ahead in Cloud Computing?
The future remains, well, cloudy. But either way: Amazon, look out. Microsoft is gaining fast. Read More »We Can't Give Up on Privacy!
Even new and emerging technologies that can make our lives easier, safer and healthier can jeopardize our privacy. Read More »
The trend for the past two years has been for shoppers to spend more online during the holiday season. How do you typically shop for holiday... Read More »How to Create a Desktop Shortcut to a Website
This Webopedia guide will show you how to create a desktop shortcut to a website using Firefox, Chrome or Internet Explorer (IE). Read More »Flash Data Storage Vendor Trends
Although it is almost impossible to keep up with the pace of ongoing product releases, here are three recent highlights in the flash data storage... Read More »
Stay up to date on the latest developments in Internet terminology with a free weekly newsletter from Webopedia. Join to subscribe now.
- Watch Datamation's editor James Maguire moderate roundtable discussions with tech experts from companies such as Accenture, Dell, Blue Jeans Network, Microsoft and more »