(1) A literary term used to describe a genre based on science fiction, but with emphasis on advanced technology. Cyberpunk was inspired by William Gibson's 1982 novel "Neuromancer".
(2) Slang term used to describe a lifestyle, or subculture based around technology such as computer games, online chatting, surfing, and other activities pertaining to the Internet and World Wide Web. It includes gamers, hackers, crackers, and phreaks.
Featured Partners Sponsored
- Increase worker productivity, enhance data security, and enjoy greater energy savings. Find out how. Download the “Ultimate Desktop Simplicity Kit” now.»
- Find out which 10 hardware additions will help you maintain excellent service and outstanding security for you and your customers. »
- Server virtualization is growing in popularity, but the technology for securing it lags. To protect your virtual network.»
- Before you implement a private cloud, find out what you need to know about automated delivery, virtual sprawl, and more. »