)Also called core. In biometrics and fingerprint scanning, core point refers to the center area of a fingerprint. A fingerprint may have multiple cores or no cores. The core point may be one of several types of patterns including the following:
- Whorl pattern: the core point is found in the middle of the spiral.
- Loop pattern: the core point is in the top region of the innermost loop.
* Image Source: "See How Fingerprint Scanners Work"
Featured Partners Sponsored
- Increase worker productivity, enhance data security, and enjoy greater energy savings. Find out how. Download the “Ultimate Desktop Simplicity Kit” now.»
- Find out which 10 hardware additions will help you maintain excellent service and outstanding security for you and your customers. »
- Server virtualization is growing in popularity, but the technology for securing it lags. To protect your virtual network.»
- Before you implement a private cloud, find out what you need to know about automated delivery, virtual sprawl, and more. »