(1) Switching a bit from 0 to 1 or 1 to 0.
(2) Same as bit manipulation which is processing individual bits within a byte. This is considered to be very low-level programming and is often used in graphics and systems programming.
(3) Similar to computer geek, bit flipper is the slang term used to describe an individual with a passion for computers and electronic devices to the exclusion of other normal human interests. Usually has a large cache of electronic toys or gadgets. Depending on the context, it can be used in either a derogatory or affectionate manner. Synonymous with geek or nerd.
Featured Partners Sponsored
- Increase worker productivity, enhance data security, and enjoy greater energy savings. Find out how. Download the “Ultimate Desktop Simplicity Kit” now.»
- Find out which 10 hardware additions will help you maintain excellent service and outstanding security for you and your customers. »
- Server virtualization is growing in popularity, but the technology for securing it lags. To protect your virtual network.»
- Before you implement a private cloud, find out what you need to know about automated delivery, virtual sprawl, and more. »